Fly Over

Our lovely city has a little baseball team, minor league if you will. The field is fun and full of all things summer in the intense enjoyment of a baseball game. Hot Dogs. Burgers. Grass berm. Large kids play area. Bouncy houses. Trampolines. And more. Really, it's more of an experience than just the game. We try to attend a game at least once during the summer, usually back in April prior to the suffocating heat.

Last weekend, we found ourselves attending one in yes, mid-August, but for much bigger purposes than watching a baseball game. We were most interested in the pregame. Specifically the singing of the National Anthem.


Photobucket


Because at the very end of declaring our patriotism, with 2 boys next to me in the stands, one baby hanging off me and camera barely held up to my eyeball. Our family was turning away from the stars and stripes and facing our eyes upward toward the majestic loud thundering jet engine fly over! Ok, so it was merely 2 prop planes which are neither very loud or fast. But to us, they were a wondrous sight. The Husband was one of the pilots making his debut fly-over at our quaint baseball game.


Photobucket


I caught no great shots. It happened so fast. And it was, honestly, difficult to completely turn the other way in the direction I knew they were coming...which caused me to be looking face to face with the entire stadium standing facing the American Flag. A. Bit. Awkward.


Photobucket




Photobucket


Congratulations to you Husband. We are proud!

Comments

  1. How cool! N has always wanted to do a fly over like that someplace. I'll bet you and the boys *were* proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCITING!!!!!!! SO PROUD!!!! SMILING REALLY BIG RIGHT NOW!!!! AWSOME!!!! SO COOL!!!! SO VERY COOL. THOSE BOYS MUST HAVE LOVED THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julz.... I was reading through your fly over blog... again. :) I am laughing about the loud thundering jets flying by. That was cute! How do those pilots keep their planes close together and the right distance apart. That always amazes me. Well you blog is my home page, so I read it over and over and look at pics over and over.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you.

Popular Posts